I’m a reporter, multimedia journalist and storyteller based in Tokyo.
Currently, I work for Feature Story News as their Tokyo correspondent and bureau chief. I report live and produce news stories for worldwide TV and radio clients. Basically, it’s my job to shout about Japan to the world – which is good, because I rather like Japan!
You might have seen or heard me on: PBS, SBS, CBC, CGTN, Wion, Newsy, Newsmax, LBC, SABC, Good Morning Britain, Spring TV, i24, CNA938, CRI, and Radio New Zealand.
I first visited Japan during my undergraduate studies at Cambridge University. After bouncing back and forth between the UK and Japan, I moved to Tokyo in 2014 on a scholarship from the Daiwa Anglo Japanese Foundation.
Since then, I have…
- made international video news for Reuters
- reported live on the markets from the Tokyo Stock Exchange for NHK World
- worked as a business reporter, newsreader and presenter for NHK World’s Biz Stream
- worked on various NHK documentaries
- written for several online and print publications
Food, sake and travel are my passions. I have visited 45 of Japan’s 47 prefectures and will enjoy babbling on about some obscure regional dish or cuisine. I’m a former food tour guide and hold the WSET Level 3 Award in Sake.
When not eating, I’m often cycling, trail running, hiking, or generally exploring.
Feel free to say hello, send story tips, and/or send me food.